The Huracan STO or Super Trofeo Omologata is a road-legal version inspired by the Huracan EVO Super Trofeo developed by Lamborghini Squadra Corsa for the brand’s race series.
Lamborghini recently launched the new 2021 Huracan STO in India, priced at ₹ 4.99 crore (ex-showroom, India). The STO in the name stands for Super Trofeo Omologata, which essentially implies that the car is a road-legal version of Squadra Corse’s race cars based on the V10 machine. The new STO made its global debut earlier this year. It’s the official replacement for the Huracan Performante. The rear-wheel-drive Huracan STO delivers exhilarating acceleration of 0-100 kmph in 3.0 seconds, 0-200 kmph in 9.0 seconds. Here are the top five highlights of the supercar.
1. The 2021 Huracan STO is 43 kg lighter than the Performante. This is mainly because the Italian carmaker has used carbon fibre for over 75 per cent of the bodywork. The windscreen is 20 per cent lighter than the predecessor. And the total dry weight of the Huracan STO is a remarkable 1,339 kg.
2. The Huracan STO gets a distinctive two-tone finished Blue Laufey and California Orange colour paint job, which is further accentuated by the 20-inch magnesium wheels wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza tyres that come in road and track configurations.
3. The aesthetic appeal of the car is accentuated by signature sweptback LED headlamps with the W-shape LED daytime running lamps with orange highlights on the bonnet and front bumper with black diffuser. The hood lid too has an air scoop for better cooling.
4. On the inside, the STO comes with an interior that matches the exterior of the car. The cabin is almost completely draped in Lamborghini’s carbon skin material, a fabric that is even lighter than Alcantara. It has been used to drape the sport seats, steering wheel and dashboard. The car infotainment system is also equipped with the new Human Machine Interface (HMI) graphics feature.
5. The new Lamborghini Huracan STO uses a 5.2-litre naturally aspirated V10 engine. It is the same engine that powers the Huracan Performante. The motor is tuned to produce about 630 bhp, while the torque out has come down to 565 Nm, compared to the 600 Nm output of its predecessor.