The Africa Twin Adventure Sports comes in both automatic (DTC) and manual transmission (MT) versions. The prices of the adventure motorcycle start at Rs. 15.96 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The 2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sport went on sale in the country earlier this year. The flagship ADV is priced at ₹ 15.96 lakh (ex-showroom, India). It comes in two exciting colour options – Darkness Black Metallic and Pearl Glare White Tricolour. Do note, the former is offered with the manual, while the latter comes with the DCT variant. The bike is sold in the Indian market via Honda’s BigWing dealerships only. Here are the five key highlights of the adventure motorcycle.
Also Read: Top 5 Rivals: Honda H’Ness CB350
1. The 2021 Africa Twin Adventure Sports is powered by a 1,084 cc, parallel-twin engine which makes 101 bhp at 7,500 rpm and peak torque of 105 Nm at 6,250 rpm. The engine now gets lighter aluminium cylinder sleeves and redesigned engine casings.
2. The Adventure Sports model gets a bigger fuel tank of 24.5 litres. In terms of proportion, the bike measures 2307 mm in length, 963 mm in width and 1523 mm in height. The wheelbase and ground clearance stand at 1558 mm and 210 mm, respectively. It comes with an adjustable seat height ranging between 830 mm to 810 mm.
3. The electronics suite of the bike has been updated, with the Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), which is now powered by a six-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU). The engine now features four power levels and three levels of electronic engine braking, with seven levels of HSTC.
4. The new touchscreen instrument panel now offers Bluetooth audio as well as Apple CarPlay connectivity. It gets four default riding mode options – Tour, Urban, Gravel and Off-Road, and two more additional, and customisable riding modes.
5. The Adventure Sports model gets a bigger fuel tank of 24.5 litres, a taller windscreen and a bigger bash-plate over the standard model. The dual-channel ABS offers on-road and off-road settings, and ABS on the rear wheel can be switched off completely.